The PTTGNZ Code of Ethics
Included in the written Guild Constitution is the Code of Ethics to which all members must adhere. This is what it states:
As a member of the PTTG:
1. I will not engage in unfair trade practices.
2. I will not advertise in a manner so as to convey information that is misleading.
3. I will not at any time conduct myself in a manner which might reflect discredit to the PTTG and I will use every opportunity within my means to upgrade my professional status by close contact with PTTG affairs made available through meetings, seminars and similar events.
4. I will contribute to the upgrading of our profession as a whole by encouraging and assisting, to the best of my ability, the apprentice or any member in the development of knowledge and skill in piano technology.
5. Members, other than Guild Approved, shall not, by omission or misrepresentation, imply that they are Guild Approved members of the PTTG.
6. A member is specifically prohibited from allowing the Guild’s name, emblem, trademarks, and other similar devices to be used by himself or another in an unauthorised manner.
7. No past or present Guild officer shall use his or her title of office for personal use in advertising in any form whatsoever.
8. The following Piano Tuners and Technicians Guild of NZ Incorporated code is hereby adopted:
* Always conduct myself honourably in the homes where I render service.
* Always render the best service possible under the existing conditions.
* Always keep the best interest of my customer in mind.
* Always strive to expand my knowledge and increase my skill.
* Never use fraudulent or bait advertising.
* Constantly contribute to the vigour of musical life and activity in my area in every way I possibly can.
* Promote the integrity of, and good will toward, the tuning profession and the entire music industry at every opportunity.
THIS “CODE OF ETHICS” WAS PASSED AND ACCEPTED BY THE MEMBERS OF THE PIANO TUNERS AND TECHNICIANS GUILD OF NZ INC ON TUESDAY, 18th NOVEMBER, 1986
• You can email the Guild for more information about its guidelines and practices: firstname.lastname@example.org